Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A Daughter of "Father" Mother writes...

From the combox regarding this post we read:

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your comments. I only tuned in because my mom's name came up in the article (and I will leave that up to you all to figure out which one that is) but I must say I have had quite a laugh with all this ridiculous back and forth about laws, canons, blah blah blah.
I can't seem to find any mention of canon law in the post but then, it was probably hidden between the lines and I'm too obuse to see it....

I guess my only question would be, what are you so scared of? Talking? Figuring out how to solve the priest shortage in the Catholic Church? Being accepting of all people? Not rejecting someone just because of how they were born? Maybe focusing truly on the work of Jesus?Hmmm...this is truly interesting.

I don't believe anyone is scared or afraid, except to the extent we might fear the loss of the souls of our sisters in Christ - after all, we are joined by baptism and their actions, objectively, place their souls in grave danger. For this, we should all be fearful and pray for conversion.

The comments about the priest shortage are completely devoid of any sense of rational thinking since this sham 'ordination' ritual does absolutely nothing to address the issue. It merely causes scandal and division within the Church, inflicting more pain in the Body of Christ.

And what does "being accepting of all people" mean in the context of the 'discussion'? That some propose to become heretics or engage in schismatic acts does not require that the faithful pretend that nothing is wrong and we "accept" these women as faithful Catholics. Did not our Lord tell his disciples to leave those, shaking the dust from their sandals, who would not hear the Good News? The two women and their supporters also choose to reject Him and the One Who sent Him...

Then comes the specious claim that these women are "rejected" because of how they were born - I assume this means "as female." Lord, please have mercy on us!

And of course, they could do the work of Jesus if they had not chosen to reject Him and His Church - but facts merely cloud the important things - like prideful arrogance and a lust for some hidden power...

Well folks, thanks for the laugh! It really was a pleasure. Oh, and before you start discussing it amongst yourselves, yes, I do have a degree in Theology and Pastoral Ministry...yes, CATHOLIC theology.

Erin

Well now we get to the meat and potatoes - we've been dealing with a woman who has a "degree" in Theology and Pastoral Ministry, and in Catholic theology, no less! I wonder if these degrees are passed from one generation to the next. Maybe Erin is next in line to be ordained - Just think, this could become a family thing.

Lastly, I don't think it makes any difference who her mother is. I don't care to guess. Both are extremely confused, wrong, and heading for disaster and both need our prayers. That they have succumbed to the lures and promises of the evil one is regrettable indeed.

No comments: