Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Just for Today, October 1

Enlighten me, O Good Jesus, with the brightness of internal light, and cast out all darkness from the dwelling of my heart.
-Bk. III, ch. xxiii.
_______________

"From the age of three I have never refused God anything, but I cannot glory in that. You see how the sunset is gilding the treetops; because my soul is bathed in the light of divine Love, it appears to shine in your sight, but if the Sun of Justice withheld His rays, I should at once be plunged into darkness."

"What must we do to shine with a golden light?"

"Practise little, lowly virtues. They are not always easy, but God never denies us the first grace to overcome ourselves, and if the soul responds, she at once finds the light. I was always struck by the words of praise addressed to Judith: Thou hast done manfully, and thy heart has been strengthened (Judith xv, II). One must first act courageously, then the soul goes from victory to victory."

-Conseils et Souvenirs.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: