Monday, September 29, 2008

Just for Today, Spetember 30

Let me be possessed by love, going above myself through excess of fervour and ecstasy. Let me sing the canticle of love, let me follow Thee, my Beloved, on high; let my soul lose herself in Thy praises, rejoicing exceedingly in Thy love.
-Bk. III, ch. v.
_____________

Made ready by this martyrdom to come before Thee, may it at length cause my death and suffer my soul to pass into the eternal embrace of Thy merciful love. I wish to renew this offering, O my Beloved, an infinite number of times at every heart-beat, until the shadows flee away and I may tell Thee of my love face to face for all eternity.
-Act of Oblation

I do not regret having offered myself up as a victim to Love.
-Novissima Verba.

My God...I love Thee!
(Her last words).
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: