Sunday, September 21, 2008

Just for Today, September 22

We have now begun; it is not lawful to go back, nor­ may we leave off. Take courage, my brethren; let us go forward together; Jesus wlll be with us. For the sake of Jesus we took up His cross, and for His sake let us persevere in it. He will be our helper, who is our captain and our leader. Behold, our King marches be­fore us, who will fight for us!
-Bk. III, ch. lvi.
___________

Lord God of armies, who hast said: I came not to bring peace but the sword (Matt. x, 34), arm me for the combat! I am all on fire to fight for Thy glory, but give me courage, so that I may say like David: Blessed be the Lord my God, who teacheth my hands to fight, and my finger's to war (Ps. cxliii, 1).
My Beloved, I know well where Thou wouldst have me to fight, and that it is not upon a battlefield. My sword is Love, and with it I must drive out the stranger from the land, and establish Thy kingdom in souls. O Jesus, I will wield my sword in this cause all the days of my life!
-Prayers.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: