Saturday, September 27, 2008

Just for Today, September 28

Son, I have said, Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you, not as the world giveth, do I give unto you (John xiv, 27). Peace is what all desire; but all care not for those things which appertain to true peace. My peace is with the humble and meek of heart.
-Bk. III, ch. xxv.
____________

During her agony she said: "Mother, prepare me to make a good death." Her Prioress encouraged her with these words: "My child, you are ready to appear before God, because you have always understood the virtue of humility."

She then unconsciously paid a great tribute to her­self, saying: "Yes, I feel that is true; my soul has never sought anything but the truth, I have understood humility of heart."
-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme).
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: