Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just for Today, October 15

Would to God thou wert worthy to suffer something for the name of Jesus! How great a glory would be laid up for thee, how great joy would it be to all the saints of God, and how great edification to thy neighbour!
-Bk. II, ch. xii.
_______________

One of the nuns was looking worn out, and I remarked to the Saint that I could not bear to see suffering, especially in saintly souls. "I do not feel like that," she replied, "I never pity saints who suffer. I know that they have the grace to endure, and that they give glory to God; but I pity those who are not holy and who waste their sufferings. They are indeed to be pitied, and I would do anything to help and encourage them."
-Conseils et Souvenirs.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: