Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just for Today, October 23

If thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments (Matt. xix, 17).

Son, now thou knowest these things, and hast read them all, happy shalt thou be if thou fulfil them. He that hath my commandments and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me, and I will love him, and I will manifest myself unto him (John xiv, 21), and I will make him sit with me in the kingdom of my Father (Apoc. iii, 21).

Lord Jesus, as Thou hast said and hast promised, so may it be indeed; and may it be my lot to merit it.
-Bk. III, ch. 1vi.
____________

Soeur Marie du Sacre-Coeur said to her: "What a happy thing it is to die when one has spent one's life in loving!"

"Yes, but to enjoy this happiness one must also have practised fraternal charity."

-Novissima Verba.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: