Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Just for Today, October 30

Ask not for what is delightful and commodious for thee, but what is pleasing and honourable to Me; for if thou judgest rightly thou oughtest to follow My appointment rather than thy own desire, and to prefer it before all that thou desirest.
-Bk. III, ch. xlix.
_______________

"The thought of soon going to Heaven does not disturb my peace. I am very happy, but I cannot say that I feel any transports of joy."

"But would you not rather die than live?"

"O my little Mother! I repeat what I have said before, that I have no preferences. What pleases me best is what God prefers and chooses for me."

-Novissima Verba.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: