Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Just for Today, November 13

Make now to thyself friends, by honouring the saints of God, and imitating their actions; that when thou shalt fail in this life, they may receive thee into everlasting dwellings.
-Bk. I, ch. xxiii.
____________

I stood before the Angels and Saints and addressed them in these words: I am the least of all creatures, I know my great need, but I also know that noble and generous hearts love to do good: therefore I beseech of you, O blessed citizens of Heaven, to adopt me as your child. Whatever glory I may acquire will redound to yours. Hear my prayer and obtain for me a double measure of your love.
-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme).
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: