Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Patience - January 26

Patience
Thoughts on the Patient Endurance of Sorrows and Sufferings

SUME ET SUSCIPE


My dearest Lord! how long - O how long! be­fore I shall have given myself to Thee without reserve?

When shall I have lost sight of all desire save that of resting quietly and silently on Thy Will?

Thou knowest my heart, beloved Lord. Thou knowest that my only desire is to sacrifice all to Thee. I do not wish to wait until years have passed to make to Thee a complete holocaust of all I hold most dear.

Take me now, my dearest Lord. Take pos­session of my heart that I may love all that leads to Thee; that I may seek and love to be unknown, unused, unsought, except by Thee, my cherished Spouse.

Take my will that I may accept from Thy hands all things sweet or bitter, every event and every circumstance - that I may accept them all with joy, and love, and resignation.

Take my intellect that I may think of Thee, aspire to Thee, be mindful of Thee every mo­ment of my life.

Grant, my beloved Lord, that I may do all that depends upon me to become a perfect offering to Thee. No matter how long my life may be, let no murmur escape my lips, no unkind thought take shelter in my heart, no self-seeking lurk within my soul, but with a smile upon my brow, let me walk courageously on towards Thee my divine, my hidden Lord.

Lord Jesus! My Crucified God! Behold me at Thy feet. Lay Thy hand upon me and bless me. Whisper to my heart that from this day Thou wilt begin Thy work in my soul and that I shall be Thy blind instrument, Thy slave, Thy crucified and hidden Spouse.
____________________
Compiled and Edited by Rev. F. X. Lasance
Author of "My Prayerbook," etc.
1937, Benziger Brothers
Printers to the Holy Apostolic See

No comments: