Monday, April 18, 2011

Prayers & Reflections for April 18

The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

CHAPTER XII
Occasional Prayers


PSALM 90
The Good Soldier's Trust and Confidence in God

(...Continued)

...Because thou, O Lord, art my hope: thou hast made the most High thy refuge.

There shall no evil come to thee: nor shall the scourge come near thy dwelling.

For he hath given his angels charge over thee; to keep thee in all thy ways.

In their hands they shall bear thee up: lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Thou shalt walk upon the asp and the basilisk; and thou shalt trample under foot the lion and the dragon.

Because he hoped in me I will deliver him: I will protect him because he hath known my name.

He shall cry to me, and I will hear him: I am with him in tribulation.

I will deliver him, and I will glorify him.

I will fill him with length of days; and I will shew him my salvation.

[Continued tomorrow]
_____________
From:
The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

by Rt. Rev. Msgr. Fulton J. Sheen
(C) 1943, P.J. Kenedy & Sons

No comments: