Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Prayers & Reflections for April 20

The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

CHAPTER XII
Occasional Prayers


PSALM 17
Prayer for Deliverance from Enemies

(Continued from yesterday)

The Lord liveth, and blessed be my God, and let the God of my salvation be exalted:

O God who avengest me, and subduest the people under me, my deliverer from my enemies.

And thou wilt lift me up above them that rise up against me: from the unjust man thou wilt deliver me.

Therefore will I give glory to thee, O Lord, among the nations, and I will sing a psalm to thy name.

Giving great deliverance to his king, and shewing mercy to David his anointed: and to his seed for ever.


[Continued tomorrow]
_____________
From:
The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

by Rt. Rev. Msgr. Fulton J. Sheen
(C) 1943, P.J. Kenedy & Sons

No comments: