Thursday, April 21, 2011

Prayers & Reflections for April 21

The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

CHAPTER XII
Occasional Prayers


PSALM 34 - Prayer for Victory

Judge thou, O Lord, them. that wrong me; overthrow them that fight against me.

Take hold of arms and shield: and rise up to help me.

Bring out the sword, and shut up the way against them that persecute me: say to my soul: I am thy salvation.

Let them be confounded and ashamed that seek after my soul.

Let them be turned back and be confounded that devise evil against me.

Let them become as dust before the wind: and let the angel of the Lord straiten them.

Let their way become dark and slippery; and let the angel of the Lord pursue them.

For without cause they have hidden their net for me unto destruction: without cause they have upbraided my soul.

Let the snare which he knoweth not come upon him: and let the net which he hath hidden catch him: and into that very snare let them fall.

But my soul shall rejoice in the Lord: and shall be delighted in his salvation.

[Continued tomorrow]
_____________
From:
The Armor of God
Reflections and Prayers for Wartime

by Rt. Rev. Msgr. Fulton J. Sheen
(C) 1943, P.J. Kenedy & Sons

No comments: