Thursday, June 05, 2008

Just for Today...
JUNE 6
Give me, O Lord, heavenly wisdom, that I may learn above all things to seek Thee, and to find Thee above all things; to relish Thee and to love Thee, and to understand all other things as they are, according to the order of Thy wisdom.

-Bk. III, ch. xxvii.
_______________

My way is that of love and trust, I cannot understand those souls who fear so loving a Friend. Sometimes, when I have been reading a book on the spiritual life where perfection is shown all hedged round with bar­riers, my poor little mind is wearied and my heart dried up, so that I close the book and turn to Holy Scripture. There everything is clear and full of Light, a single word opens out a wide horizon before me, perfection seems a simple matter. I see that all I have to do is to acknow­ledge my nothingness and place myself like a child in God's arms...I leave to great souls and lofty minds the fine books that I cannot even understand, much less put into practice, and rejoice in my littleness, for the kingdom of heaven is for such (Matt. xix, 14). What a good thing it is that there are many mansions in the kingdom of Heaven, for otherwise I doubt if I should ever get there, the way to some of them seems so complicated.

-Letters.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: