Monday, June 02, 2008

What's Your Moral IQ of 'Charity towards Ourselves'?

Allow ten points for each question. One hundred per cent means that you are a moral theologian; 90, you know the law; 80, you are about average; 70, you'd better join a study club.
___________________

1. What is an act of charity towards ourselves?

2. Are we obliged to know our last end and the means of obtaining it?

3. Are we obliged to study at school?

4. A rich man says that he has a right to be idle. Is he correct?

5. Am I bound to work as Christ worked?

6. Why have I no right to inflict evil on myself or to destroy myself?

7. If I have no right to destroy myself then I never have any right to wish to die. Is this true?

8. Have I any obligation to reconcile myself with God when I am in mortal sin and in danger of death?

9. May I prefer suffering to be like Christ?

10. May I prefer riches in order to do great work for Christ?
_________________________

Answers next Monday...

Adapted from The Queen's Work Magazine, April 1946

No comments: