Tuesday, May 04, 2004

What happens when one sees the reality of abortion?

Shocking film reignites abortion debate

THE bloody reality of abortion was brought into British living rooms (on April 21) in a world TV first that has inflamed emotions and revived old divisions.

My Foetus, a 60-minute documentary shown at 11pm on Britain's Channel 4, shows footage of a four-week-old fetus being vacuumed from its mother's womb.

The documentary also shows images of the dismembered remains of 10, 11 and 21-week fetuses, their broken limbs measured by a tape.
...
"When I interviewed a doctor about the unpleasantness of performing late abortions it was difficult to listen and not believe it was morally wrong.

"For many people there is no difference between me aborting my fetus at eight weeks and a woman aborting her fetus at 24 weeks, the legal limit for abortions in Britain.

"But for me, even after knowing the facts about abortion, there is a difference."

Journalist Lauren Booth, a pro-choicer who has also had an abortion, said she recoiled when watching the film's pivotal moment.

"My hand flew to my mouth in shock," she said.

"I swallowed. I didn't want to say it, but the word 'murder' came to my lips."
When will this be shown here in the U.S.? Or has it been outlawed as 'hate speech'?

Perhaps vivid reality is needed to help convert hearts and minds - rational 'dialogue' seems to fail too many times.

Article here.



No comments: