Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Mental Prayer for April 26 -The Trinity Lives in Me

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: Lord, help me realize the tremendous fact that through sanctifying grace the Holy Trinity really lives in me.

The Idea: If the Holy Trinity asked me to prepare a place that God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit could call home, just what would I do? How would it look when I was done? How would I start on it? Splendid gold and marble, like the tabernacles of the great churches? But these are not really homes. There is something personal about home - home is where our love is, where we belong, where we feel comfortable. Through sanctifying grace the Holy Trinity comes to dwell with each one of us in our soul. How can we prepare ourselves for the Three Persons? By trying to make our lives ever more like Christ's life. The more like Christ I am, the more at home the Holy Trinity will be with me. And when I pray to the Holy Trinity living in my soul, the sanctifying grace will be increased. In this way I can constantly grow in likeness to Christ nnd closeness to Christ, and make a better and better home for the Trinity.

My Personal Application: Perhaps I have always thought of the Holy Trinity as being far distant from me. But if I am in the state of sanctifying grace, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are within me, always ready to listen to my prayers. Do I take time off each day to pray to God, to the Trinity, to help me make a better and better home for them by becoming more and more like Christ?

I Speak to God: O Holy Trinity, never let me forget that in bringing you closer to myself I am bringing you closer to all men.

Thought for Today: I am Christ to the men of my times.
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: