Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Mental Prayer for April 27, Christ Among Men

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: Lord, help me realize that I am Christ for the men of my times.

The Idea: What foUows from the facts we have been thinking and praying about for the past days? If THE WORK OF THE HOLY TRINITY making its home in our souls IS THE WORK OF SANCTIFYING MEN, if THE WORK OF CHRIST, whose life we have in us IS THE WORK OF SANCTIFYING MEN, then WE MUST MAKE THIS WORK OUR WORK. When Christ lived on earth, He walked through the country to reach men; He preached the way to God; His hands were laid on the sick to heal them; His heart was filled with love for us. We Catholics, the members of Christ's Mystical Body, are to be witnesses of Christ living in the modern world. With our feet He moves among men; through our lips He speaks to men; with our hands He comforts and heals; through us He shows His love for the men of our world. This is our great task: to carry on the work of Christ. As members of His Mystical Body, we are to be Christ in our world.

My Personal Application: Do I consider myself as a part of Christ's Mystical Body? Does this really enter into my thinking about life? Will it in the
future?

I Speak to God: Lord, never let me forget what being a member of the Mystical Body of Christ means.

Thought for Today: I am Christ to the men of my times.
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: