Friday, April 28, 2006

Mental Prayer for April 29, St. Paul and the Mystical Christ

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: To give to others what God has given me.

The Idea: Look at a candle... in a big, dark house ...no electricity. It gives steady light... is burning... is alive... fires other candles... wears itself down... uses itself up completely... that its light might be seen. St. Paul was a candle... in a dark world of ignorance. Once fired by love... he gave steady light... burned with zeal... fired those who knew him... wore himself down... used himself completely... that "Christ shall be made known to those who never heard of Him."

My Personal Application: There are people I know who haven't really heard Christ. I should be today's St. Paul. Christ wants me to make His name known... riding in a car, at the ballpark, in a card game, in English class, watching TV, on the street corner. If I won't, WHO WILL? That doesn't mean "Christ" tattooed on my arm, or passing out holy pictures. It means "Christ" tattooed on my heart, a picture of our Lord's life in my mind. It means doing a thing because it is right - the way Christ would do it today - and not afraid to tell others I do it because it is what Christ wants.

I Speak to Christ: Lord, I appreciate greatly what You have given me. And I know I must give to others. I must not hide my candle under a basket. Tell me where and how You want me to diffuse Your light. Make Your light grow brightly in me.

Thought for Today: Lord, may Your light shine through me.
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: