Saturday, October 28, 2006

Mental Prayer for October 29, For You-Everything!

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God


Grace I Ask: Jesus, suffering for my sins, help me to speak my sorrow and resolves to you.

Mental Picture: I stand at the foot of the cross with Mary and look on Jesus. His body hangs low on the nails, writhing in agony. From head to toe the scourge has made of Him one bleeding wound. The needle-like thorns stab His head with killing pain. Blood and tears mingle and run down His face. His glazing eyes look out on me and would say one thing, "My child, this is what your sins have cost me. This I suffered to win you heaven. How will you answer my love?"

I Speak to God: Lord, all I can say is that I love you. You, my God, my Creator, you under­went these terrible sufferings for me. You gave up your life for me. Lord, on my knees I tell you sincerely that I'm sorry for all the sins of my past life. Jesus, I never realized as deeply before that my sins caused you this suffering. Lord, I mean this: today marks the end of serious sin in my life. I'm going to steer clear of the things that lead me into sin. And I won't play around carelessly any more with things on the borderline of sin. Please help me to be strong, Lord. Give me aid when temptation comes.

Jesus, the future is going to be different. You gave your life for me. Now I'm going to live to serve you. I'm going to follow you. Your will and your service are going to be the goal of my every day. Help me to live daily for you.

Thought for Today: You gave your life for me, a sinner; help me to live for you.
__________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: