Thursday, January 18, 2007

Mental Prayer for January 19, The Two Armies

THE TWO ARMIES

Against our Leader and Lord is ranged the whole power of Satan. Of course, we would not follow him. But he may be able to trap us if we do not thoroughly understand and appreciate our Lord's campaign and battle plan, and the cam­paign and plan of Satan.
___________________

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask : To know more about my place in this greatest of wars.

Mental Picture: I have answered Christ's call to fight in the war to save the souls of men. I look closer today at the two great opposing armies. They have fought through all of history... fought over every single soul that ever lived.

On one side is the army of the good. Christ is the Leader... strong, attractive... standing in the midst of His followers... sending them forth to teach the truth... to lead men to heaven.

The enemy camp... headquarters of all the forces of evil... all the temptations... the evil desires... the lies, the wickedness of the worst of men and of all the devils of hell... all gathered around their evil chief, Satan himself... seated proudly on a high throne... surrounded by smoke and fire... Satan, hating the human race... sending his agents into every single human life... into my life... to work, to watch for their chance. Satan... evil... hating... cruel.

My Personal Application: Christ's forces and Satan's forces both aim at conquering me. My soul is a prize in this war. Christ wants me in a place in the center of His camp, fighting under His banner. Satan wants to win me to himself. My every thought, my every move, brings me closer to one leader or the other, closer to life or destruction.

I Speak to God: Dear Lord, as I stand looking at the two armies, one fills me with inspiration and love and draws me to itself; one fills me with horror and fear. Let me join the good and learn to defend myself and others against all the attacks of the evil.

Thought for Today: "He who is not with me is against me."
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: