Sunday, January 28, 2007

Mental Prayer for January 29, No Small Changes

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask : To be willing to change my life for Christ.

The Idea and My Personal Application: What actual changes would occur in my life if I were to take my place under Christ's banner, deliberately choosing to cooperate completely with His strategy for me?

1. My life will be shifted around to make Him its center, and to make His glory, the spread of His kingdom, my chief concern. I will find means to make myself and as many other people as possible know, love, and serve Him. I will be as like to Him as possible in all my dealings with other people.

2. I will turn completely away from sin and from snares likely to lead me to sin. I know what these are better than I usually want to admit. Thinking of them now in particular, I renounce them.

3. I stop planning my life as a whole in terms of the money, power, worldly renown, or personal comfort that I can win or gain. I try to think of and choose a way of life in terms of serving God and others entirely, of doing good, of winning success for eternity - the only real success.

4. I try to change my everyday thoughts and actions too, so that I judge things as they really are in the sight of God. I do not fall for the glitter of gold or of chrome, the attraction of fame, or the admiring glance of a friend. In fact, I would consider it a favor from God to be able to live as Christ did. Let my work be unappreciated in this life to keep me out of the trap of se1f-­admiration. Let me live poor rather than rich, be without some, or all, of the things I want, to keep me from tying down my heart to this world.

I Speak to Christ: Dear Christ, this is your formula for success. With your help, it can be mine too. Please help me to appreciate it and to love it.

Thought for Today: "Come, follow me..."
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: