Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Mental Prayer for January 31, Under His Banner

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: To want, and to ask sincerely, to become a saint.

The Idea and My Response: To be received fully under Christ's banner is a great favor. He can grant it to anyone in any state of life. It means, really, to be a saint.

Since it is so great a favor, and so important, and since it is so difficult, it would be foolish to trust to my own powers or to think I could raise myself to it alone. I need His grace. And so today I shall do three things to get it:

1. Think over again what it means, what changes it will make in my life to become a real Christian. Look in the Gospels or the lives of the saints for some idea.

2. Ask for this gift of being received under Christ's banner; ask in three steps :
a) Ask the Blessed Virgin, His mother and greatest follower, that I may be received by her Son as a special follower; say one Hail Mary.

b) Ask Jesus Christ Himself to receive me, through His mother's prayers; say the Morning Offering.

c) Ask God the Father to give me this grace of being a special servant of His Son; say an Our Father.
3. Try to live today as a real Christian, to live the un­selfish life of Christ.
Thought for Today: "To be received under His banner..."
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: