Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Mental Prayer for February 7, Act II:Offering Christ

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: To participate in the awesome drama of the Mass by offering Christ to the Father with deep, heartfelt love.

Mental Picture: Christ's battered, bleeding body nailed to the cross on Calvary, sacrificed for our sins.

My Personal Application: Do I rea1ize that the Consecration is the high point, the dramatic climax of the Mass? Bread and wine are changed into the Body and Blood of the Savior.

Before, on the altar, there was something; now there is Somebody! The Offertory by itself is a magnif­icent action, but our gifts alone are not our full sacrifice, for Jesus wishes to give us His own sacrifice to offer; He now gives Himself that we may present Him to our Father.

The more com­pletely I give myself to God, the more perfectly I can join with Christ in this sacrifice. Do I ever think of this during my daily tasks? Do I try to bring the self-sacrifice of the Mass into my daily life and the self-sacrifice of my daily life into the Mass?

I should live in the spirit of the Mass. I should live the Mass. In this way my sacrifices become united with Christ's and become more valuable.

I Speak to Mary: Dear Mother, help me to offer Christ to the Father with the same spirit of self-­sacrifice with which you offered Him when you two were on Calvary.

Thought for Today: "Live the Mass."
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: