Saturday, February 09, 2008

Just for Today, February 10

O my beloved Spouse, Christ Jesus, most pure Lover, Lord of the whole creation; who will give me the wings of true liberty, to fly and repose in Thee? Oh, when shall it be fully granted me to attend at leisure, and see how sweet Thou art, O Lord, my God? ­
-Bk. III. ch. xxi.
_________________

Oh! that I might wing my way
To Him, who stands upon the shore
Where breaks the dawn of endless day,
And life's dark shadows are no more!
There shall I find a Mother's smile,
A Mother's kiss to welcome me;
Safe in the haven of her arms
My weary spirit fain would be.
-Poems
_________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: