Monday, May 19, 2008

Just for Today, May 20

Who will give me, O Lord, to find Thee alone, that I may open my whole heart to Thee, and enjoy Thee as my soul desireth; no one beholding me, nor any creature interesting me, or at all affecting me, but Thou alone speaking to me, and I to Thee, as the beloved is wont to speak to his beloved, and a friend to entertain himself with his friend?

-Bk. IV, ch. xiii.
_________________

To live by love is to live Thy life,
O Joy of the blessed, my King!
Who under a little white host dost conceal
Thy glory the Seraphim sing.
For Thy sake I choose to live hidden, alone,
- True lovers a solitude seek ­-
Day and night in Thy presence my vigil I keep,
Face to face with my Lord I will speak.

-Poems.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: