Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Just for Today, June 11

Grant me Thy grace, most merciful Jesus, that it may be with me, and continue with me to the end. Grant me always to will and desire that which is most accept­able to Thee, and whih~ pleaseth Thee best.

Let Thy will be mine, and let my will always follow Thine; and agree perfectly with it. Let me always will or not will the same with Thee: and let me not he able to win or not will otherwise than as Thou willest or willest not.

-Bk. III, ch. xv.
___________

I had been telling her of the strange power exercised by a mesmerist over persons who surrender their will to him. She seemed deeply interested, and the next day said to me: "Our conversation yesterday was an in­spiration to me. If only I could be mesmerised by Our Lord! That was my first thought on waking, and I lovingly gave up my will into His hands. I want Him to take possession of my faculties so completely that my actions may no longer be human and personal, but a divine work inspired and directed by the Holy Spirit."

-Conseils et Souvenirs.

__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: