Sunday, June 08, 2008

Just for Today, June 9

With a full resolution, and with thy whole will, offer thyself up to the honour of My name, on the altar of thy heart, as a perpetual holocaust, by committing faithfully to Me both thy soul and body.

-Bk. IV, ch. vii.

Blessed is he that offereth himself up as an holocaust to the Lord.

-Bk. IV, ch. x.
_________________

That my life may become an act of perfect love, I offer myself as a victim of holocaust to Thy merciful love. I beseech Thee to consume me day by day, and let the flood of infnite love pent up within Thee overflow into my soul, that I may become a martyr to Thy love, O my God!

Made ready by this martyrdom to come before Thee, may it at length cause my death and suffer my soul to pass into the eternal embrace of Thy merciful love. I wish to renew this offering, O my Beloved, an infinite number of times at every heartbeat, until the shadows flee away and I may tell Thee of my love face to face for all eternity.

-June 9, 1895
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: