Thursday, June 12, 2008

Just for Today, June 13

Light eternal, exceeding all created lights, dart forth Thy light from above, that it may penetrate the inward parts of my heart. Cleanse, cherish, enlighten, and enliven my spirit with its powers, that it may be absorbed in Thee, with ecstasies of joy.

-Bk. III, ch. xxxiv.
_______________

Pauline and I went down to the seashore just as the setting sun was making a broad track of golden light across the water. As we sat on a lonely rock, she ex­plained to me that this was a figure of the light of grace shining across the path of life for faithful souls to follow.

I thought of my soul as a little boat with white sails in the middle of the golden path, and I resolved never to withdraw from Our Lord's look, but to sail straight for the shores of eternity.

-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme).
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: