Sunday, June 15, 2008

Just for Today, June 16

Open, O Lord, my heart in Thy law, teach me to walk in Thy commandments.

-Bk. III, ch. xxii.
__________________

Knowing that charity covereth a multitude of sins (I Pet. iv, 8), I explored the rich mine contained in the Gospel. As I tried to sound the depths of its teaching, I cried out with the Psalmist: I have run the way of thy commandments, when thou didst enlarge my heart (Ps. cxviii, 32). Only charity can enlarge the heart. Since its flame, O Jesus, consumes my heart, I have run in the way of Thy new commandment, and will so run until the day when I join the choir of virgins, who follow Thee singing the new song, which is that of Love!

-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme)
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: