Monday, August 04, 2008

Just for Today, August 5

True glory and holy joy is to glory in Thee, and not in one's self; to rejoice in Thy name, and not to be delighted in one's virtue, nor in any creature, save only for Thy sake.

Let Thy name be praised, not mine; let Thy work be extolled, not mine; let Thy holy name be blessed; but to me let nothing be attributed of the praises of men. Thou art my glory; Thou art the joy of my heart.
-Bk. III, ch. xl.
_____________

Your letter did me so much good, especially the following passage: Let us keep back any word which would make others think better of us. We must keep all for Our Lord with jealous care; it is such a joy to work for Him alone...My only ambition is Our Lord's glory; as to mine, I leave it to Him. If He seems to forget me, well, He is free to do so, as I no longer belong to myself, but to Him. He will tire of keeping me waiting before I tire of waiting for Him.
-Letters.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: