Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Just for Today, August 7

Thy Beloved is of such a nature that He will admit of no other; but will have thy heart to Himself, and sit there like a king on His own throne.
-Bk. II, ch. vii.

Lo, I am Thy servant, ready to obey Thee in all things; for I do not desire to live for myself, but for Thee; O that I could do so after a faithful and perfect manner!
-Bk. III, ch. xv.
_______________

Now that I am about to appear before God, I under­stand very clearly that one thing only is necessary: to work for Him alone, and not for oneself or for others. Our Lord wants to take sole possession of your heart; this can only be at the price of much suffering...but what joy will be yours when you enter Heaven!...I am not dying, I am entering into life, and what I cannot explain on earth I will make known to you from Heaven.
-Letters.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: