Thursday, December 15, 2005

Providing help after birth

[Mary Queen of Angels] offers maternity clothes and practically everything a mother would buy for her child – diapers, clothes, toys, strollers, blankets, bottles, books, furniture and assorted baby equipment.
. . .
The program operates a child-supply center for low-income mothers at 2537 West Clay, next to Safeway Tire Center in St. Charles.
. . .
Churches and social service agencies donate the items. The center is arranged like a retail store, but everything is given away free to income-eligible mothers.
. . .
Mary Queen of Angels is the brainchild of its director, Susan Cooke. The St. Peters mother of four children is a member of St. Joseph Catholic Parish in Cottleville.

"I have always been very actively pro-life," said Cooke, 40. "I've picketed at abortion facilities where the women going in will tell us, sure, you want me to keep my baby, but where will you be when I cannot provide for my child? Mary Queen of Angels is my answer to that question."
. . .
Cooke said the program's greatest needs are diapers and monetary donations. . .For more information, call (636) 240-6812 or (636) 634-7243.
Article here.

A donation would be a great way to help out in this courageous pro-life cause.

No comments: