Friday, May 12, 2006

Do the clergy oppose theater protests against The Da Vinci Code film?

...the truth is that many church officials have come out in support of peaceful theater prayer vigils against The Da Vinci Code. Until now, their voices have been generally unheard.
. . .
Most Reverend Raymond L. Burke, Archbishop of St. Louis, expressed his gratitude for protest efforts:
“I was very pleased to receive your letter of April 5th last in which you invited me to take part in one of the protests organized by the America Needs Fatima Protest Campaign against ‘The Da Vinci Code.’”
He finished this letter offering his prayers and apostolic blessing for Da Vinci Code protests and all other TFP activities:

Be assured of my prayers for the work of the American Society for the Defense of Tradition, Family and Property and its America Needs Fatima Campaign, as it seeks to support the Catholic Church and uphold its traditional beliefs. I know that there will be many people involved in this campaign and I ask you to extend to them my prayerful best wishes.
The list continues with Most Reverend Michael J. Sheridan, Bishop of Colorado Springs. He stated:

I am very pleased to know that so many faithful people will be giving peaceful and prayerful demonstration of their faith as this film opens in theaters around the country. May the Lord bless you for your courageous stance; and know that I will hold you in my prayers in a very special way.

No comments: