Friday, May 12, 2006

Mental Prayer for May 13-Mary, My Mother

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God.

Grace I Ask: To have complete confidence in Mary, the Mother of all mankind.

The Idea: In an age that is as social-minded as our own, this beautiful truth of Mary's mother­hood of all men should take on a deeper and fuller meaning.

Mary is the Mother of Christ; we are members of the Mystical Body of Christ. She who cared so tenderly and lovingly for the person of Christ is just as much interested in her spiritual children. This is not just a pious thought or figure of speech, but a living and real fact. In accepting the position of Mother of the Redeemer and in suffering along with Him on Calvary, she has won the right and the duty of being Mother of all those for whom her Son died. This means she is really our Mother...; and most important for me, my Mother.

My Personal Application: Do I turn to my heaven­iy Mother when I need help? Do I ask Mary to help me see Christ in all her other sons and daughters, so that I'll give them the respect they deserve as brothers of Christ and children of Mary? Do I ask Mary, the Mother of the Mystical Body, to help those who are less fortunate than ourselves to overcome false prejudices against our fellowmen?
It is said that a mother is the heart of a family, the one who brings unity and love. Ask Mary to turn our earthly family, in our homes and community, into the wonderful society that the Holy Family must have been.

I Speak to God: Dear Lord, fill my heart with love and confidence in our holy Mother.

Thought for Today: "Son, behold your mother!"
___________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: