Monday, October 30, 2006

Blogger Brings Out the "Howard Beale" in Me

I (and no doubt, others) have experienced numerous issues with Blogger over the years - even those of us who opted for the special "Blogspot Plus" version.

It seems that Blogger has been plagued by a number issues, which now appear to be (at least to me) a daily occurrence. This leads to an unacceptable amount of frustration for me as, as times, I hear Network's news anchor, Howard Beale, yell "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!" For those who are not familiar with the 1976 movie "Network", here is a sample...


While I normally shake my head in disgust at the assorted Blogger error messages, wondering why anyone would continue to use this service, I say to myself that I, too, am one of those who has failed to move on to something better and more reliable. But sometimes, I must confess, I do want to yell as Howard Beale.

So I am looking to transfer/move to Typepad or Moveable Press on a different server and domain. While I understand that I won't have the level of service to which I've become accustomed with Blogger, my hope is that I will be rid of the incessant errors and numerous outages which Blogger provides as an added "benefit".

Any comments or suggestions are certainly welcomed.

No comments: