Friday, November 03, 2006

Mental Prayer for the First Saturday of November

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

First Joyful Mystery (Annunciation)
The Hail Mary


Grace I Ask: Mary, help me to know you better so I can truly love you as I should in my practical daily life.

Hail Mary: The first thing that comes to my mind when I say Mary is Mother - my Mother. What does a mother do? She cares for her child. How much more Mary for me? My Mother, I need your care - with my daily temptations against purity - laziness in my studies - I want to be strong in my way of life. Mother, give me your help.

Full of Grace: Mary, you know the meaning of grace. Teach me and show me what grace should mean to me: the very life of God within me, it makes me truly another Christ, it makes me truly your son. Mary, you who were full of grace, please show me these truths so that they will affect my life.

The Lord Is With Thee: First by grace in your soul... and then physically within your body for nine months... carrying within you the God who made the world. Give me the grace to receive God well within me too... in Holy Communion... the God who made the world, I too can carry within me.

Blessed Art Thou Amongst Women: Mary, what a greeting! Of all the women in the world - past, present, or future - you are the greatest, the holiest the most beautiful, the most loving and lovable. Mary, teach me to be able to recognize a truly "great" woman when I see her. Show me, Mary, what makes a woman really and truly a woman, one to be honored, to be respected, to be truly loved. Let me look at you, Mary, for a long time - for the more I can see you in a girl, the more I know that girl is truly one of God's chosen souls­ - a true and wonderful woman.

And Blessed Is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus: Every mother gives the world a great gift - but think, Mary, what a gift you gave us, your Son­ Jesus Christ, God-Man.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Thought for Today: You are God's gift - and God is your gift - to me!
__________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: