Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Mental Prayer for October 4-The Use of Creatures

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask : To understand the purpose of the creatures in my life; to make right decisions about their use.

The Idea: Karl Marx and Hitler: "You, as an individual are worth nothing." God: "You are... a lord of the universe!" This means that every creature that comes into my life - education, talents, sports, food, clothes, money, jobs, time, sacraments, hardships, all my relations with other people - should aid me in attaining the goal for which I was made.

My Personal Application: My life is filled with decisions to make: how can I use these gifts of God to help me get to heaven? Some creatures I have little or no choice about - the weather, suffering, failures, this particular home and neighborhood, these limited talents. The key question is: what's my reaction to them? They still have an important purpose to serve in my life. Do I take what comes - and use it as best I can - or do I grumble and complain that others have things easier?

Do I possess creatures or do creatures possess me? I want to be free to take or leave alone any creature - depending on how it serves my big purpose in life.

I Speak to God: I guess I've let some creatures get too strong a hold on me. I haven't stopped to make a decision about what part they should play in my life. I promise to try and use them only for my greater good and your greater glory... with the help of your grace.

Thought for Today: I am a lord of the universe!
__________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: