Thursday, January 17, 2008

Just for Today, January 18

What does solicitude about future accidents bring thee, but only sorrow upon sorrow? Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof (Matt. vi, 34). It is a vain and un­profitable thing to conceive either grief or joy for future things, which perhaps will never happen.
-Bk. III. ch. xxx.
_________________

I do not lift my eyes to see
The clouds next day may bring;
From stain of sin, Lord, keep me free
This day, beneath Thy wing!

I can endure just for today
The cross that Thou wilt send;
The daily grace, for which I pray,
Will help me to the end.
- Poems
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: