Monday, March 17, 2008

Just for Today, March 18

What I have given I can justly take away, and restore it again when I please. When I give it, it is still Mine; when I take it away again, I take not anything that is thine; for every best gift and every perfect gift is from above (James 1:17).

If I send thee afflictions, or any adversity, repine not, neither let thy heart be cast down. I can quickly raise thee up again, and turn all thy burden into joy.

-Bk. III, ch. xxx.
______________

0 tender Mother! thy pure heart,
When Christ thy Son was slain,
Knew the dark night of anguish, the
Extremity of pain.
God asks our all, and we must give
What He did first bestow;
To love and suffer is our joy,
As thine was, here below.

-Poems
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: