Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Just for Today, March 20

Jesus Christ alone is singularly to be loved. For Him and in Him let both friends and enemies be dear to thee; and for all these must thou pray to Him, that all may know and love Him. ­

-Bk. II, ch. viii.
_________________

All that I desire is contained in the following little prayer, which I beg of you to say every day for me:
Most merciful Father, I beseech Thee in the name of Thy beloved Son, of the Virgin Mary and all the Saints, to enkindle my sister's heart with Thy Holy Spirit of Love, that she may by Thy grace draw many souls to love Thee.
If God should soon take me to Himself, please con­tinue to say this prayer, for in Heaven I shall have the same desire that I have upon earth: to love Jesus and
to make Him loved.

-Letters
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: