Sunday, April 13, 2008

Just for Today, April 14

Son, now thou knowest these things, and hast read them all, happy shalt thou be if thou fulfil them. He that hath my commandments and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me, and I will love him, and I will manifest myself unto him (John xiv,21).

Lord Jesus, as Thou hast said and hast promised, so may it be indeed; and may it be my lot to merit it.

-Bk. III, ch. lvi.
____________

If anyone love me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him, and will make our abode with him (John xiv, 23).

I live by love and ever keep
Thy Word within my heart,
And thus I draw the Father down,
Whom none from Thee can part.
The Holy Ghost, the bond of love,
One God in Persons three:
Till captive in my heart I hold
The Blessed Trinity.

-Poems
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: