Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Meditation for April 9, One Hour with Me

One hour with Me.

"Lord, that is much."

"Yes, I know, everything I ask of you is always too much."

"It is not that, but I am sleepy."

"No doubt. I am not angry with you, but I was deceived. I thought that, in spite of your sleep, you would out of love pass one moment with me. I have been mistaken; I have asked too much. I am used to you; I ought to know you. Yet I am disappointed;
I expected more of you than you can do. It is not your fault."

"Ah! now you understand me, O Lord."

"Yes, it must be so. I am motivated by love and love does not reason. Such is the folly of the cross. I like the arguments of love but they are too much for you. Continue to sleep; it is more reasonable. Judas and his band came in the night to arrest the Son of God. Judas received thirty pieces of silver. When one's salary is affected, the work must be done. That is reasonable."

Don't ridicule me, good Master. I do love You, but alas, not as much as I should. Take me back once more! How miserable I am! How weak! Not only physically weak, but morally weak! Wretchedly weak!

"Love and all will be well."
_________________
Adapted from Meditations for Religious
by Father Raoul Plus, S.J. (© 1939, Frederick Pustet Co.)

No comments: