Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Just for Today, July 23

When thou thinkest I am far from thee, I am often nearest to thee. When thou judgest that almost all is lost, then oftentimes it is that thou art in the way of the greatest gain of merit. All is not lost when anything falls out otherwise than thou wouldst have it.

Thou must not judge according to thy present feeling; nor give thyself up in such manner to any trouble, from whencesoever it comes; nor take it so, as if all hope were gone of being delivered out of it.
-Bk. III, ch. xxx.
_________________
"All is not lost, my dear child," the Bishop said to me, "but I am glad that you are going to Rome with your father; the journey will make your vocation all the stronger."

So we had to return to Lisieux without having obtained a favourable answer. My future seemed hope­less; as I advanced towards my goal, the difficulties in the way seemed to increase. In spite of them, my soul was in great peace, for I only sought the Will of God.
-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme).
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: