Friday, July 25, 2008

Just for Today, July 26

O my God, my eternal Love, my whole Good, and never-ending Happiness, I desire to reserve nothing to myself, but freely and most willingly to sacrifice myself and all that is mine to Thee. O Lord, my God, my Creator and Redeemer, I also wish to be inflamed with great and holy desires, and to present myself to Thee with my whole heart.

Receive my wishes, O Lord my God, and my desires of giving Thee infinite praise. These I render, and desire to render Thee every day and every moment.
-Bk. IV, ch. xvii.
_____________

"I think that Love's victims will not be judged, but that God will bestow eternal happiness on them im­mediately, because of the fire of His love which He sees burning in their hearts."

"To obtain this privilege, do you think it is enough to make the Act of Oblation that you drew up?"

"Oh, no! words are not enough...To be a victim of love, you must surrender yourself entirely. One is consumed by love only in the measure that one gives oneself up to Love."
-Conseils et Souvenirs.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: