Saturday, July 26, 2008

Just for Today, July 27

If thou thinkest rightly and considerest things in truth, thou oughtest never to be so much dejected and troubled for any adversity: but rather to rejoice and give thanks: yea, to account this as a special subject of joy, that afflicting thee with sorrows, I do not spare thee.
-Bk. III, ch. xxx.
_______________

Do not think that you will have nothing but happiness when I am in Heaven; that is not what I have had, nor what I have wanted. You may, on the contrary, have great trials, but I will obtain light for you to appreciate and love them. You will be compelled to say as I do: Thou hast given me, O Lord, a delight in thy doings (Ps. xci).
-Novissima Verba.
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: