Saturday, March 10, 2007

Mental Prayer for March 11, Should a Saint Study?

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: To see a new meaning in study, which can make me more like God.

The Idea: What makes me study? I am told to or asked to? I want to go to college? To prepare for life? To make a better living? All four are good reasons; but there is even more to it than that. Every­thing in the world shares, each in its very limited, way, in God's own greatness. As a human person I can be like God in knowing and loving Him. Everything I study tells me more about the world. Everything in the world tells me more about God. In the things He made I see His intelligence, His beauty, His power, the wonderful way He has taken care of us all these centuries. The deeper I dig into my school subjects or my additional studies, the more I know about God; and so the more I love Him; and so the better I play my part of being like Him.

My Personal Application: Do I study only because I have to, or just because I want to be successful? Or do I also study because I want to know more about God so that I can be more like Him? Do I ever work, with all my brains and strength, to really learn about Him?

I Speak to God: It was simply generosity on your part to make me to share your own life of knowing and loving. Help me to know. Make me want to learn. Don't let me waste this opportunity of a lifetime.

Thought for Today: "This is eternal life, that they may love thee, the only true God."
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: