Monday, March 05, 2007

Mental Prayer for March 6, True Love in Marriage

Mental Prayer Meditation Helps

Presence of God

Grace I Ask: To learn true love from you.

The Idea: God shows us true love. Love is the desire to be united with the one we love. The lover wants the very best for his beloved; he wants her happiness; he wants to ward off sorrow and unhappiness from her. He is totally forget­ful of what he gets out of love. He just wants everything good and noble and beautiful for his loved one. Love is a total giving of self, a total forgetting of self. What a far cry from the sentimental, movie brand of love! Self-seeking and emotionalism are a poor basis for married happiness!

My Personal Application: What do I mean by love? When I love someone, do I want to do and give as much as I can for that person? Whom do I love?

I Speak to God: Dear Father in heaven, teach me to love as you have loved me. Teach me to find my love in making the one I love happy, in doing things for others, not seeking things for myself. From Christ let me learn how to really love.

Thought for Today: "He who loves his wife, loves himself."
________________
Adapted from Mental Prayer, Challenge to the Lay Apostle
by The Queen's Work,(© 1958)

No comments: