Sunday, January 20, 2008

Just for Today January 21

Search not curiously to know what shall befall thee, but rather study to inquire what is the will of God, well pleasing and perfect.
-Bk. I, ch. xxv.

This is what thou shouldst wish, that in life or death, God may be always glorified in thee.
-Bk. III, ch. xlix.
_______________

Thou hast taught me, O God, from my youth: and till now I will declare Thy wonderful works, unto old age and grey hairs (Ps. lxx, 17).

What will old age be in my case? I see no reason why it should not be now, rather than later: two thousand years are no more in the sight of God than twenty years - or even a single day.

Do not think that I want to leave you, as though it were a greater privilege to die young; I only wish to please Our Lord. As He seems to be calling me out of this life, I cannot help rejoicing; for God has no need of anyone, least of all myself, to do good on earth.
-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme)
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: