Thursday, January 24, 2008

Just for Today, January 24

What great matter it is, if thou, who art but dust and a mere nothing, submit thyself for God's sake to men, when I, the Almighty and the Most High, who created all things out of nothing, have, for thy sake, humbly subjected Myself to man?
-Bk. III, ch. xiii.
________________

I will humble myself and subject my will to that of my Sisters in all things, without waiting to consider whether they have the right to give me orders or not. No one, my Beloved, could claim this right over Thee, and yet Thou didst obey not only Our Lady and St Joseph, but even Thy executioners.
-The Story of a Soul (L'Histoire d'une Âme)
__________________
For more information, see this post.
Adapted from Just For Today(©1943 Burns & Oates)
Nihil Obstat: Reginaldus Phillips, S.T.L.,Censor deputatus
Imprimatur: Edwardus Myers, Vic. Cap.

No comments: